The start of a new year is synonymous with new beginnings. People take stock of the year that was, and start to think about goals for the year ahead, 2018.
It’s time to consider your personal style, does it suit where you’re at? If not, where do you start?
Here’s a short guide to overhauling the 2017-you and welcoming the 2018-you, the you that can take on the year with confidence and style.
Where do I start?
- A good old wardrobe clean up is where – if you haven’t worn the piece for the past few seasons, it’s time to let go! Look at your autumn/winter wardrobe from 2017 and if you didn’t wear it, does it deserve a place in your wardrobe?
- Once you’ve lost the excess, bag it up right away and move it out. Charity, friends, eBay or clothes swap, just don’t procrastinate.
- Look at your favourite items and think about why those items make you feel good- comfort, cut, fabric, brand etc.
- Now it’s time for a bit of inspiration from celebs and brands or our favourite, street style. The best place to collect ideas quickly is Pinterest, you can create different boards to match the season or the style. Some of our style boards include- Weekend Style, AW18 + Style Muse, take a look here.
- You’ll find that organically certain styles start to appear through your boards and this is the perfect way to refine your personal style.
Now that you’re equipped with a clear, stylish vision of what you want to achieve, write up your shopping ‘wish list’ and it’s time to create a budget and prioritise. January is the best time to bag a bargain, so look for bigger ticket classic items that are on sale to save.
Here’s a look at what we’re buying this sale.